GOLF SA HIGH PERFORMANCE & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Golf SA High Performance & Development Program provides a defined development pathway and program to enable talented golfers to achieve their individual goals. The Golf SA High Performance & Development Program leads to the National High Performance Program conducted by Golf Australia.
The Program begins with participation in the Talent ID Squad Program leading to the Development Squad Program. Players may then be invited to participate at State HP Camps and finally selected for the National High Performance Program.
Selection for State Teams (Interstate Series) and Representative Players (National Ranking Events) is not dependent on being in a Development Squad or Talent ID Squad. Criteria for State Team & Representative selection is shown separately.
Talent ID Squads:
• Aimed at identifying talented Athletes and providing a development pathway
• Provides 3-4 development sessions annually
• Selected in July-August annually
• Selection Guidelines:
• Handicap Range > Boys 0 - 12 / Girls 0 - 30 (approx. and not limited to)
• Age > Boys & Girls 12 to 15 years (approx. and not limited to)
• Includes coaching & elements of sports medicine & sports science
• Players selected by HP Committee & Expressions of Interest
• Coordinated by the Golf SA Development Coach
Info & Application Form
• Aimed at developing talented Athletes to their full potential
• Runs from July to June annually
• Selected in June annually
• Includes junior and transitional players (17-20 Years)
• Approximately 24 athletes (4 Squads x 6 athletes)
• Includes Coaching, Strength & Conditioning, 3D Biomechanical Analysis, Physiotherapy, Sports Psychology & Nutrition
• Players selected by HP Committee & Expressions of Interest & Interview
• Coordinated by the Golf SA State Coach
High Performance Squad:
• Selected annually by HP Committee
• Specialised HP Program
• Specialised HP Camps
• Restricted to 3-4 elite Athletes
• Coordinated by Golf SA State Coach
Refer to the main menu for all Golf SA High Performance program information.